masking

i am a 17 yr old female who just recently go diagnosed and i used to mask around everyone all the time and now i have my diagnosis i feel as if subconsiously i dont have to anymore so ive been stimming more. my issue is i dont want people to think im just doing it for the sake of doing it. i used to constantly do it just in my own presents but now i feel if i open up more people will think im attention seeking. i dont know if im feeling like this because i used to get bullied and called an attention seeker due to my mental health or if people will genuinle think this please help.

Parents
  • I have done the same since realising that i am autistic. As though having the diagnosis gives us permission to be ourselves and this is liberating. 

I wonder if others had already noticed my stimming and quirky ways, it was just me that hadn't so much? X

• I have done the same since realising that i am autistic. As though having the diagnosis gives us permission to be ourselves and this is liberating. 

I wonder if others had already noticed my stimming and quirky ways, it was just me that hadn't so much? X

Children
No Data