masking

i am a 17 yr old female who just recently go diagnosed and i used to mask around everyone all the time and now i have my diagnosis i feel as if subconsiously i dont have to anymore so ive been stimming more. my issue is i dont want people to think im just doing it for the sake of doing it. i used to constantly do it just in my own presents but now i feel if i open up more people will think im attention seeking. i dont know if im feeling like this because i used to get bullied and called an attention seeker due to my mental health or if people will genuinle think this please help.

Parents
  • I think we all have this experience. I do, my mate and her undiagnosed family have started to do the same now they self suspect, everyone in these communities says the same thing. Masking gets harder when you know for sure you've been repressing your natural self all your life for the benefit of others. Full on dinosaur noises come out of mate now when she's excited. 

You can't put the jack back in the box once he's out.

• I think we all have this experience. I do, my mate and her undiagnosed family have started to do the same now they self suspect, everyone in these communities says the same thing. Masking gets harder when you know for sure you've been repressing your natural self all your life for the benefit of others. Full on dinosaur noises come out of mate now when she's excited. 

You can't put the jack back in the box once he's out.

Children
No Data