Vomiting when my 3yr old ASD has a cold

I wondered if anyone can help, my little boy is 3 and from birth always struggled with food, 

everytime he has a cold he will eat food or drink juice and will cough and then be sick this can happen up to three times a day sometimes, summer months are so much better as he is really sick but as soon as the winter months come and he gets the slightest cold he’s constantly sick even with juice. I have him booked In at the doctors today but was just wondering if anyone else experienced this with their child and if there was anything you did that helped to keep food down. 

Parents
  • I think I can relate tbh, always happened to me that I'd be nauseous when ill as a kid, I worked out it's the snot and gunk that drips down the back of the neck and gets into the stomach as it's a reflex to swallow it over night, and ofc it's just germy gunk it's not supposed to be in the stomach so it upsets the acid and then the sore throats and things where they make the neck feel tight can also be nauseating. Sometimes I still feel nauseuos when I have a cold as an adult and when that happens I keep the the food light weight, low sugar and low salt, and if it's very bad a dose of peptobismol is what helps settle my stomach. But you will want to take that insight to a GP and see what they say first make sure that's really what is going on, also make sure any medicines are appropriate for a 3 yr old.

• I think I can relate tbh, always happened to me that I'd be nauseous when ill as a kid, I worked out it's the snot and gunk that drips down the back of the neck and gets into the stomach as it's a reflex to swallow it over night, and ofc it's just germy gunk it's not supposed to be in the stomach so it upsets the acid and then the sore throats and things where they make the neck feel tight can also be nauseating. Sometimes I still feel nauseuos when I have a cold as an adult and when that happens I keep the the food light weight, low sugar and low salt, and if it's very bad a dose of peptobismol is what helps settle my stomach. But you will want to take that insight to a GP and see what they say first make sure that's really what is going on, also make sure any medicines are appropriate for a 3 yr old.

Children
No Data