Discrimination at Work

Have you been decimated or suspect being discriminated against at work?
No, this isn't one of those "then you need to call XYZ lawyers 4U" adverts!

I have a few borderline instances that occurred prior to diagnosis - all of which were made by a newish senior member of our team.

1. Being told that "I have worked with people like you before" in response to my attention to detail and raising concerns when I see problems

2. Being sent an image of an 89 degree angle in what was probably intended as banter to itch my OCD trait (I did respond with an image of 2 cereal boxes that had been opened upside down). Maybe that was just a bit of masking by me?

3. Being made to feel at fault for a colleague going off sick with stress after I had identified issues with her work. This sent me into the worst meltdown & shutdown I have ever experienced

Having been recently diagnosed, I am starting to really struggle with what has happened in the recent past and have am now entering my 3rd week of sickness.

I'm not sure whether I should make am official complaint of discrimination, have a quiet word with the offending team member or just let if go.

Parents
  • It would be best to raise it calmly with your manager. It sounds like you may need some reasonable adjustments. But these reasonable adjustments probably aren’t obvious to your work colleagues and so you need to negotiate them being put in place with your manager. And I don’t think you can really blame them for not making adjustments they don’t know we need to make yet.

personally to me this doesn’t sound like harassment. It might be a failure to make reasonable adjustments. But that’s something you generally need to ask for.

• It would be best to raise it calmly with your manager. It sounds like you may need some reasonable adjustments. But these reasonable adjustments probably aren’t obvious to your work colleagues and so you need to negotiate them being put in place with your manager. And I don’t think you can really blame them for not making adjustments they don’t know we need to make yet.

personally to me this doesn’t sound like harassment. It might be a failure to make reasonable adjustments. But that’s something you generally need to ask for.

Children
No Data