Legal requirements

Does anyone know if there's any legal obligation to inform people of an ASD diagnosis? I'm thinking of people like insurers, mortgage companies, DVLA...others? I've not long been diagnosed (in my 50s) and haven't a clue!

Thanks, Chris

Parents
  • For health insurance/travel insurance/life insurance it's a good idea to inform them so they don't pull it on you if you need to make a claim, but they decide on coverage based on whether it's caused you to cancel a trip in the past/affected your work history 

For DVLA as said below you only need to inform them if it effects your driving. You are expected to be the judge of that, but if you've been driving with no problem for most of your life then I doubt it would suddenly begin seriously effecting you now you have a new diagnosis.

Other than that no legal obligation to disclose, especially at work, if you do not want to, but there can be benefits but also risk of people's opinions. 

• For health insurance/travel insurance/life insurance it's a good idea to inform them so they don't pull it on you if you need to make a claim, but they decide on coverage based on whether it's caused you to cancel a trip in the past/affected your work history 

For DVLA as said below you only need to inform them if it effects your driving. You are expected to be the judge of that, but if you've been driving with no problem for most of your life then I doubt it would suddenly begin seriously effecting you now you have a new diagnosis.

Other than that no legal obligation to disclose, especially at work, if you do not want to, but there can be benefits but also risk of people's opinions. 

Children
No Data