hi what are your special interests or hyperfixations

mine are wolves :))

• Yes definitely relaxing, currently my number one form of relaxation at the moment.

• What's your favourite Radio 4 programme? 

• It's very relaxing bird watching isn't it? I really miss having a back garden because I loved watching the birds visit too. Its always exciting when you get a new visitor. Grin

Yeah there is something like 270 different types of bee in the UK and only 1 of them (the honey bee) dies after stinging something. I'm getting better at recognising the different types when I see them and I get silly excited when I see a type I've not seen before. 

• I enjoy watching birds too, especially if a bird that doesn't visit often comes into the garden. I was fascinated when Debbie mentioned the many different varieties of bees, I would love to be able to recognize the different types.

• I enjoy reading and working with pre and post war engineering. I am an avid reader and Radio Four listener. I am a member of a local cycling club and love going on a ride to a cafe for coffee and cake. 

• Our autistic experience and community!

• I'm really into astronomy and stargazing, can spend hours just looking up at the night sky.

• The Artist Francis Bacon?  I like him also.

• Music,  the written word, current affairs,  football, film. and building my collections.

• Has changed over time but statistics and data about countries was a childhood favourite that has persisted into adulthood.

Computers have been a lifelong obsession. For the last ten years, all things finance.

As a kid -  dinosaurs and astronomy.

Edit: and cats. My house is a shrine to cats.

• When I was a toddler till i was 8ish, my special intrest was penguins. I would only talk about penguins, draw penguins, collect stuff, research them, and every day for 3 years I would watch the Adventures of Skamper the Penguin while eating penguin shaped crackers (they didnt taste very good but they were penguin shaped). My favorite penguins were Adele, Fairy, and Chinstrap.

Then 9ish to 12, it was dinosaurs. My favorite dinosaurs were Microrapter, Spinosaurus, and Ankelasaurus (sorry about my spelling). I had dino shirts and bed set and posters and toys.

Then when i was 12 till now it was Frozen. And im not even going to explain this one because It is definatly my most intense special intrest ive had. But my secondary special intrest right now is psychology, specifically mental "dissorders". I actually bought the DSM 5 TR (after reading it btw, i think it might be more helpful to just learn about real peoples experiances. but the book is a nice referance i guess). And I get hyperfixated on the tv series A Kind of Spark and Jurrasic World Camp Cretacious but i consider those hyperfixations instead of special intrests just because my special intrests are constant and last years while my hyperfixations are more of a deep intrest for a few days then it fades for a while then a  month later i might get back to it for anouther few days.

• That's interesting I used to have an interest in those too and went to a spiritualist church every Sunday. I still have about 4 decks of tarot cards somewhere. 

• Star signs, tarot readings, crystals, dogs. Obsessed!! 

• Spiders and birds at the moment, oh, and bees I love bees Bee 

• I have a bunch of special interests that seem to be cyclical -sometimes new ones come along but then drop off never to be seen again. I was obsessed with locks and locking mechanisms for while. Some that have stood the test of time are snakes, ancient Rome, Zen, Francis Bacon, and cats.