Voices of the late diagnosed

Hi everyone. I’m a podcast listener as find them informative and in some ways, soothing. I’m looking for recommendations of where I can hear the experiences of the late diagnosed.  I was diagnosed this year aged 50. I have noticed that when listening to people discussing their experiences in the media, when they begin talking about being late diagnosed they frame it in the context of being in their late twenties.  I would be interested in hearing older peoples life experiences. Thanks in advance. Blush

Parents
  • Im awaiting an assessment aged 59. I am autistic. I didnt realise it until this year. My brother aged 60 was diagnosed this year. Of course it explains a lot and provides an explanation and some relief. Its been a difficult life. I described it in the past as swimming against the tide and operating on 50%. We were told we are anxious and a typical personality, what ever that means. So we dont need to try harder, we dont need to want to be like everyone else and we dont need fixing. Its a lot to get your head round after struggling to make sense of why we have struggled with certain aspects of our life so long x

• Im awaiting an assessment aged 59. I am autistic. I didnt realise it until this year. My brother aged 60 was diagnosed this year. Of course it explains a lot and provides an explanation and some relief. Its been a difficult life. I described it in the past as swimming against the tide and operating on 50%. We were told we are anxious and a typical personality, what ever that means. So we dont need to try harder, we dont need to want to be like everyone else and we dont need fixing. Its a lot to get your head round after struggling to make sense of why we have struggled with certain aspects of our life so long x

Children