Looking for Adult Autism Book *** Warning - Sensitive Content ***

I know that this is going to be a risky ask.
My intention is NOT to alienate myself from community members, nor is it cause provocation.
I apologise for any offence that may be caused - again, that is not the intention.

I am looking for a book that focuses on autism in adults.
I have traditional beliefs and values - by which I will be completely open, I come a generation before same sex marriage, LGBTQ+, etc became accepted as they are today.
I was brought up at a time when traditionally marriage was between a man and a woman, boys had girlfriends and girls had boyfriends. Boys grew up to be men and girls grew up to be ladies.
I guess that would label me as a bit of a dinosaur, ignorant or even a bigot Worried

Parents
  • What specifically are you after though? I don't know how relevant your beliefs actually are. 

• Good question!
    I'm after a straight talking, no nonsense book that will help me understand and lean how to live with my diagnosis.
    I'm not looking for a fluffy, happy clappy, everything's going to be fine kind of book.
    I'm after a matter of fact, this is what you will probably come up against, these things WILL challenge you kind of book that helps prepare and navigate you through the ND minefield.

My recent diagnosis report included a section of recommended resources - books, websites, etc.
    The vast majority don't "speak to me" - I am not the intended audience.
    They are aimed at children / adolescents, parents of children with autism, people severely affected (disabled) by autism, help on getting various benefits (I'm not looking for benefits such a PIP).
    The list of resources appears to be a very generic cut & paste list (some of which URLs don't even work). It's as if no thought or consideration was given to the person being assessed.

So, that's why I made this request and tried to put some context around it.

• Good question!
    I'm after a straight talking, no nonsense book that will help me understand and lean how to live with my diagnosis.
    I'm not looking for a fluffy, happy clappy, everything's going to be fine kind of book.
    I'm after a matter of fact, this is what you will probably come up against, these things WILL challenge you kind of book that helps prepare and navigate you through the ND minefield.

My recent diagnosis report included a section of recommended resources - books, websites, etc.
    The vast majority don't "speak to me" - I am not the intended audience.
    They are aimed at children / adolescents, parents of children with autism, people severely affected (disabled) by autism, help on getting various benefits (I'm not looking for benefits such a PIP).
    The list of resources appears to be a very generic cut & paste list (some of which URLs don't even work). It's as if no thought or consideration was given to the person being assessed.

So, that's why I made this request and tried to put some context around it.

Children
No Data