Storage question

I live in flats, and have access to a storage cupboard that is in the close (not in my flat). 

The cupboard will be pretty cold as there is no heating. 

Is it okay to put clothes into a plastic box and store in the cupboard without it getting any adverse affects? 

Don't want them to get mouldy etc. 

The door has a slight gap underneath it so air circulates in the cupboard, but I would plan to put the clothes into plastic boxes that I have. I just live in a tiny flat and like to keep it tidy and clutter free as much as possible. 

Thank you 

Parents
  • it could be.... when i lived in my parents i lived in the attic and it was very damp and mouldy, any clothes i put in the wardrobes and drawers got covered in mould within days.... however i got some self standing plastic box drawers and used those and obviously in the plastic box draws the damp and mould doesnt take hold... i still have those bos draws in my new flat which i now use as extra storage and as a cup/beer stand beside my recliner sofa in the lounge.

so if you have mould issues id definately say having a plastic container to store clothes in would likely solve any issues... although depending on whether theres any mould spores already on the clothes you put in which could then spread to the other clothes you store them with... but generally plastic box seems to stop any damp mould issues.

• it could be.... when i lived in my parents i lived in the attic and it was very damp and mouldy, any clothes i put in the wardrobes and drawers got covered in mould within days.... however i got some self standing plastic box drawers and used those and obviously in the plastic box draws the damp and mould doesnt take hold... i still have those bos draws in my new flat which i now use as extra storage and as a cup/beer stand beside my recliner sofa in the lounge.

so if you have mould issues id definately say having a plastic container to store clothes in would likely solve any issues... although depending on whether theres any mould spores already on the clothes you put in which could then spread to the other clothes you store them with... but generally plastic box seems to stop any damp mould issues.

Children