Feeling like different people

Hi,

I'm writing with concerns regarding my adult son who has autism. I also have autism but my son faces greater difficulty with his diagnosis and struggles to function like most.

My son often describes himself not as one person but as lots of people. He's remained very childlike and hasn't matured like most people do. I asked him about those other people and he showed me a Word document he'd written about them all, thirteen different people with their own names, backstory and appearance.

I have autism too but this is new to me. I don't know what it means, whether it's part of autism or if this is simply a game he plays with himself.

He seems very happy, he's always happy and playing but his Mum is unwell so I wonder if this is his way of coping with the stress in our lives at the moment?

Parents
  • have you ever watched the film "split" by any chance? 
    you should watch that, the guy in that i think also has 13 alter egos or something 

edit: no its 23, with a secret special hidden 24th personality called the beast

• Hi no I haven't but it's possible he has. He has a very vivid imagination and my wife originally thought need he'd seen something on TV and that's what triggered this.

Reply Children
No Data