Inefficiency at work

Just wanted to know how many of those in work get really frustrated by inefficient work systems. I know it must frustrate everyone but it seems I can get way more annoyed by it than anyone else sometimes to a point where I can't work in that particular job because I know the inefficient system won't change. I just sit there thinking this whole thing is such a waste of time and effort and resources . I don't know I just find it so unbearable and wondered whether other felt the same.

Parents
  • Definitely, I will try and suggest improvements, but sometimes get met with "but we've always done it that way". Strange in a way around the whole change situation, but I can't bear to see something which doesn't make sense or isn't logical to me and can't figure how people don't think about what they're doing.  Fortunately, we are encouraged to do continual improvement, it just takes so long to get things changed!

My main annoyance though is people not taking responsibility or ownership, so I end up with a shed load on my list/plate that really aren't to do with me but I can't just ignore things once I've noticed it's wrong or been told about it.  I have to do something about it or find another owner for it.  I sometimes wonder if people tell me about things so I'll do that!

• Definitely, I will try and suggest improvements, but sometimes get met with "but we've always done it that way". Strange in a way around the whole change situation, but I can't bear to see something which doesn't make sense or isn't logical to me and can't figure how people don't think about what they're doing.  Fortunately, we are encouraged to do continual improvement, it just takes so long to get things changed!

My main annoyance though is people not taking responsibility or ownership, so I end up with a shed load on my list/plate that really aren't to do with me but I can't just ignore things once I've noticed it's wrong or been told about it.  I have to do something about it or find another owner for it.  I sometimes wonder if people tell me about things so I'll do that!

Children