Inefficiency at work

Just wanted to know how many of those in work get really frustrated by inefficient work systems. I know it must frustrate everyone but it seems I can get way more annoyed by it than anyone else sometimes to a point where I can't work in that particular job because I know the inefficient system won't change. I just sit there thinking this whole thing is such a waste of time and effort and resources . I don't know I just find it so unbearable and wondered whether other felt the same.

Parents
  • Yes things like this use to drive me mad when I was working.

It's not just inefficient systems but also the staff that are allowed to be so inefficient. When I had the misfortune to have to work in open plan offices some colleagues would just sit around chatting about their social life all day every day. I have no idea how they ever got any work done.

I used to complain endlessly to my managers that the constant chat was preventing me from getting my work done. However I was seen as the problem and told "nobody else is complaining". They seemed happy to pay these people for chatting about their social life Confused

Now I no longer work but life seems to be one constant battle with life admin problems and non existent customer service, trying to sort these problems out. There are so many preventable mistakes, inaccurate information given and communications are littered with grammatical and spelling errors.

Why do so many autistic people find it so hard to find work? We tend to focus and take pride in our work, have good attention to detail, respect and follow rules etc. You'd think all those things would be attractive to employers but the employment statistics suggest otherwise.

Employers would seemingly rather have people who can talk the talk at interview and demonstrate they are 'team players' and 'good communicators'. However once in the job they are either incompetent or just don't care Unamused

• Oh I know, I can’t cope with life admin I just need a person to help me, I don’t understand how to navigate all the tech! Takes me forever to try and sort the simplest of things and just leaves me feeling inadequate, that’s like a job in itself! 

• Oh I know, I can’t cope with life admin I just need a person to help me, I don’t understand how to navigate all the tech! Takes me forever to try and sort the simplest of things and just leaves me feeling inadequate, that’s like a job in itself! 

Children
No Data