Referral Rejected

I recently went to my GP and they put in a referral for an adult autism assessment. The referral was rejected. Stating insufficient information. Needing more information of significant clinical impact in childhood and adulthood. They suggested neurodiversity, which isn't really meaningful on its own?

I can try and give them more information. But now it feels like I'd be trying to tick boxes. But I feel like a fraud relating to autism and trying to access resources without a formal diagnosis. and find it exhausting having to detail all these things that are just who I am.

I have a CAT Q score of 116.

AQ of 36.

RAADS of 122.

Do I persue this further?

Parents
  • Do I persue this further?

If you think you have autism then yes. What would a diagnosis mean for you?

Needing more information of significant clinical impact in childhood and adulthood

Do you have any impacts in childhood or adulthood? I think the diagnostic criteria in both the DSM-5 and the ICD-11 require that the social deficits or repetitive behaviours negatively impact your ability to function in some aspect(s) of your life (personal, family, social, educational, occupational). If you have had such difficulties, describe these to the doctor.

• Yes you will need to providence evidence that you have been effected throughout your life ie. One of my accessors said if someone came and said ‘from the age of 18 I’ve struggled with x, y and x’ they’re not autistic but potentially have another condition ie mental health etc so maybe they need more info on your struggling consistently with the diagnostic areas from younger age or you probably are not autistic but may need another area investigating if you wish

• Yes you will need to providence evidence that you have been effected throughout your life ie. One of my accessors said if someone came and said ‘from the age of 18 I’ve struggled with x, y and x’ they’re not autistic but potentially have another condition ie mental health etc so maybe they need more info on your struggling consistently with the diagnostic areas from younger age or you probably are not autistic but may need another area investigating if you wish

Children