Veggie Sausages and other products.

Recently been cutting back on meat intake, normal autistic trait from young, only really eat processed meat.

Tried some of the new vegetarian sausages today, ‘THIS isn’t pork sausages’, really enjoyed them and the texture is really good. Some brands have been vile. Would be interested to know if anyone else has found some good veggie alternatives on the market. I do cook some vegetarian meals from scratch, interested more in off the shelf for when busy.

Parents
  • I used to get the Linda / Aldi red onion and rosemary ones because my ex likes them. I could tolerate them but they are a bit too spicy with the rosemary and other flavours. i haven't tried to find a replacement as I never want to be depending on processed foods as a core part of my diet as it would then distress me if they were changed or discontinued. Instead I mix vital wheat gluten with water and salt to make blobs of protein. It only takes a couple of minutes to mix and then steam for 30 minutes or so.

• I used to get the Linda / Aldi red onion and rosemary ones because my ex likes them. I could tolerate them but they are a bit too spicy with the rosemary and other flavours. i haven't tried to find a replacement as I never want to be depending on processed foods as a core part of my diet as it would then distress me if they were changed or discontinued. Instead I mix vital wheat gluten with water and salt to make blobs of protein. It only takes a couple of minutes to mix and then steam for 30 minutes or so.

Children
No Data