Veggie Sausages and other products.

Recently been cutting back on meat intake, normal autistic trait from young, only really eat processed meat.

Tried some of the new vegetarian sausages today, ‘THIS isn’t pork sausages’, really enjoyed them and the texture is really good. Some brands have been vile. Would be interested to know if anyone else has found some good veggie alternatives on the market. I do cook some vegetarian meals from scratch, interested more in off the shelf for when busy.

Parents
  • I take my hat off to you Roy, especially as I have a tendency to eat processed meat. Not good as I need to reduce my intake of (bad) LDL cholesterol.

The only vegetarian alternatives I've tried are Quorn sausages and Quorn burgers. They tasted better than I expected, but I didn't enjoy them enough to want to make a habit of buying them. In addition to finding they lacked flavour and tasted too bland for my liking, I also found the texture too dry.

In addition, I found there was a noticeable difference in cost (more expensive). Admittedly, this was a good many years ago, when vegetarian alternatives had only just started to become available, and the only brand available seemed to be Quorn. Therefore, I'm aware things may well have changed since then in terms of cost.

• I take my hat off to you Roy, especially as I have a tendency to eat processed meat. Not good as I need to reduce my intake of (bad) LDL cholesterol.

The only vegetarian alternatives I've tried are Quorn sausages and Quorn burgers. They tasted better than I expected, but I didn't enjoy them enough to want to make a habit of buying them. In addition to finding they lacked flavour and tasted too bland for my liking, I also found the texture too dry.

In addition, I found there was a noticeable difference in cost (more expensive). Admittedly, this was a good many years ago, when vegetarian alternatives had only just started to become available, and the only brand available seemed to be Quorn. Therefore, I'm aware things may well have changed since then in terms of cost.

Children
No Data