Fantasy Female Travelling Wilburys.

Been listening to The Travelling Wilburys today, they were 5 male musicians who formed a group, non needed fame or fortune. There wasn’t the normal in-house fighting as none had anything to prove. They were the cream of the crop.

The original group was 5 members, it got me thinking as to a female Willburys,  Who would sit at the top table?

My group would start with….

1. Dusty Springfield, just perfect.
  2. Karen Carpenter. Note perfect and a good drummer.
  3. Cher, definitely gets a seat at the table, also brilliant actor.
  4. Dolly Parton, a brilliant singer and songwriter.
  5. Ella Fitzgerald, just the best.

If a backing group was allowed then

1. K.D Lang.
  2. Alison Krauss
  3. Annie Lennox

I could add many more, what would your female Wilburys be? 
No particular genre, any style of music that would become the ultimate female band of music goddesses. 

• Mine would be:

1. Stevie Nicks 
    2. Kate Bush
    3. Amy Winehouse
    4. Annie Lennox
    5. Shania Twain
  • Stevie is royalty, I did get to see ELO live,  Roy Wood was a member and went on to form Wizard, I’m sure his Christmas pension song will be played soon. ( much to my annoyance)

• The Travelling Wilburys....I haven't listened to them for a while, must add them to my Spotify library.

I always liked Petty, Orbison and Lynne - not so much Harrison & Dylan. Big ELO fan, never seen the actual group, but The ELO Experience are excellent - seen them many, many times - highly recommended.

In terms of the fantasy female line up, I'd like to  nominate STEVIE NICKS.

Edit: Just seen that had already mentioned Stevie Nicks...Great minds think alike Relaxed

• I do like the Dua song with Elton John, I recently watched the original, ”A Star is Born” with Judy Garland, the remake was Barbra Streisand and then Gaga, where do you start, and how far back? 
    I’ve always found music a hiding and learning place. There are only 7 notes plus flats and sharps also chords with minor, major and sevenths. Just a few. How different songs are still being made is mind blowing.

• Great shout ^^ 

I love Kate Bush she would be great in my group!

I might have to replace Dua lipa

Sorry Dua XD

• Yes, I could see all of those harmonising, I would add Aretha Franklin for a powerful track.

What about Kate Bush?

• OMG Roy you are so cool ^^

This is so cool and imagine if it really had happened - maybe it is happening in Heaven? :–) 

I think mine would be

1. Whitney Houston - very powerful voice
    2. Dua lipa - deeper but soft voice
    3. Tina Turner - just because she was awesome ^^ 
    4. Stevie Nicks - deep husky voice
    5. Enya 

In my head this is possible and it sounds awesome :)