Fantasy Female Travelling Wilburys.

Been listening to The Travelling Wilburys today, they were 5 male musicians who formed a group, non needed fame or fortune. There wasn’t the normal in-house fighting as none had anything to prove. They were the cream of the crop.

The original group was 5 members, it got me thinking as to a female Willburys,  Who would sit at the top table?

My group would start with….

1. Dusty Springfield, just perfect.
  2. Karen Carpenter. Note perfect and a good drummer.
  3. Cher, definitely gets a seat at the table, also brilliant actor.
  4. Dolly Parton, a brilliant singer and songwriter.
  5. Ella Fitzgerald, just the best.

If a backing group was allowed then

1. K.D Lang.
  2. Alison Krauss
  3. Annie Lennox

I could add many more, what would your female Wilburys be? 
No particular genre, any style of music that would become the ultimate female band of music goddesses. 

Parents
  • The Travelling Wilburys....I haven't listened to them for a while, must add them to my Spotify library.

I always liked Petty, Orbison and Lynne - not so much Harrison & Dylan. Big ELO fan, never seen the actual group, but The ELO Experience are excellent - seen them many, many times - highly recommended.

In terms of the fantasy female line up, I'd like to  nominate STEVIE NICKS.

Edit: Just seen that had already mentioned Stevie Nicks...Great minds think alike Relaxed

• Stevie is royalty, I did get to see ELO live,  Roy Wood was a member and went on to form Wizard, I’m sure his Christmas pension song will be played soon. ( much to my annoyance)

• Stevie is royalty, I did get to see ELO live,  Roy Wood was a member and went on to form Wizard, I’m sure his Christmas pension song will be played soon. ( much to my annoyance)

Children