Comfort of imagination becoming hallucination

I sometimes feel attracted to the possibility of increased propensity to use imagination - in the direction of hallucination - as a way out of the disturbing nature of reality. 

Parents
  • Hello 73180, I and Number.

I'm no expert, but the "attraction" that you describe sounds (at best) a bit dangerous to me. Seeking to generate a psychosis of some type?  Drug dependency can be generated by such hankerings.  Accidental catastrophes can be caused by such hankerings too.  This is not me pontificating....this is firsthand knowledge from a lovely homeless drug addict that became my friend for a protracted period and who kindly helped me to understand some of the WHY questions that I had regarding their life circumstances.  I kept them as safe as I could for as long as I could, in return.....but was unable to help them more constructively.

Personally, i don't seek to deny the "disturbing nature of reality"....it is a fact to me ... but I choose to reject that reality and substitute it for my own LIVED experience.  I choose to find the good and happy that DOES exist (no matter how small and hard to find) and I foster and nurture that to sustain me.

I keep watch on the world....but don't allow it to crush me....because I ACTIVELY seek to see the good and the positive that DOES exist out there.

I hope you are OK and are able to maintain your poise, balance and sanity in this crazy-ass world.

I wish you well, fellow traveller.

Kind regards

Number.

• Hello 73180, I and Number.

I'm no expert, but the "attraction" that you describe sounds (at best) a bit dangerous to me. Seeking to generate a psychosis of some type?  Drug dependency can be generated by such hankerings.  Accidental catastrophes can be caused by such hankerings too.  This is not me pontificating....this is firsthand knowledge from a lovely homeless drug addict that became my friend for a protracted period and who kindly helped me to understand some of the WHY questions that I had regarding their life circumstances.  I kept them as safe as I could for as long as I could, in return.....but was unable to help them more constructively.

Personally, i don't seek to deny the "disturbing nature of reality"....it is a fact to me ... but I choose to reject that reality and substitute it for my own LIVED experience.  I choose to find the good and happy that DOES exist (no matter how small and hard to find) and I foster and nurture that to sustain me.

I keep watch on the world....but don't allow it to crush me....because I ACTIVELY seek to see the good and the positive that DOES exist out there.

I hope you are OK and are able to maintain your poise, balance and sanity in this crazy-ass world.

I wish you well, fellow traveller.

Kind regards

Number.

Children
No Data