Ambiguity - The Enemy of the Autistic?

How do you lovely people cope / deal with ambiguity?
I'm guessing that most autistic people would struggle, or is it just me?

For me, ambiguity can lead to assumptions.
Assumptions can lead to misunderstandings / incorrect interpretations.
misunderstandings / incorrect interpretations can lead to mistakes.

This is critical in my line of work (I work in IT) and ambiguity usually equals delays, excessive cost and poor quality.
I'm more than happy to expand on my situation if there is interest in this topic of conversation.

Parents
  • This is critical in my line of work (I work in IT) and ambiguity usually equals delays, excessive cost and poor quality.

I used this to my advantage and developed a nice career in project management and IT service design, transition and delivery where being specific was demanded.

In day to day life I used the skills from this to ask when something is vague although I have learned to let some things socially remain vague so they have a more organic nature.

• This is critical in my line of work (I work in IT) and ambiguity usually equals delays, excessive cost and poor quality.

I used this to my advantage and developed a nice career in project management and IT service design, transition and delivery where being specific was demanded.

In day to day life I used the skills from this to ask when something is vague although I have learned to let some things socially remain vague so they have a more organic nature.

Children
No Data