trouble communicating

sorry if this is wrong place i made this post on mental health forum but no one replied to me Disappointed

will copy what i put here and hope someone can help me if this is autisim or not because im having alot of trouble...

i am constantly overthinking my social intereactions with my family worried im annoying people and finding it so hard and cant keep asking my family is ok to say hello etc 

or i will say hello and not say something again incase that is wrong of me im finding social intereactions so hard i just want to give up and go back to my room and stop tryna communicate 

Parents
  • Hello 88424, Ben here,

I'm afraid the only people who can answer your questions accurately are psychologists.  You are describing anxiety, the most common symptom of autism...  just ask anyone on the forum.   However, the thing is, there are many many other conditions that can cause similar symptoms and difficulties, so you really need to see about getting an appointment. Talking to your GP is usually the first step.  Book an appointment and think about how you are going to describe your symptoms, make some notes.....  once you're there it's easy to get tongue-tied and leave out something important, so keep your notepad with you.

I really think that that's the next step... give it a try; you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Look after yourself and book that appointment.

I wish you well.

Ben

• Hello 88424, Ben here,

I'm afraid the only people who can answer your questions accurately are psychologists.  You are describing anxiety, the most common symptom of autism...  just ask anyone on the forum.   However, the thing is, there are many many other conditions that can cause similar symptoms and difficulties, so you really need to see about getting an appointment. Talking to your GP is usually the first step.  Book an appointment and think about how you are going to describe your symptoms, make some notes.....  once you're there it's easy to get tongue-tied and leave out something important, so keep your notepad with you.

I really think that that's the next step... give it a try; you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Look after yourself and book that appointment.

I wish you well.

Ben

Children
  • Hello and thanks for replying to me I do have a diagnosis of autisim but no support with anything it’s really effecting me at home and engaging with family.. wish it wasn’t I will call the gp tommorrow morning