Access to Health Care update

Thank you to all of you who have replied to my previous posts on this subject.

I met today with Health comissioners from my partnership trust and wanted to provide an update. The problems are nation wide, the responses are local...

There are in my area some moves to address our needs... trials with sensory friendly wards (initially in mental health services, but rolling out to general health), trials of annual health checks for autistic people, and masses of training powered by McGowen. But it is not yet enough...

There is more to do. They accepted that I was pointing to a gap in provision for thoes who need significant support in health contexts.

Thanks to your help, Community, I was able, with authority,  to point to the lack of understanding in many GPs as to what "reasonable adjustment" means for us in terms of booking appointments and general communication.. they will communicate with GPs in the area on this.

They promise to involve me in a few things going forward. I felt confident there was a real will to include our voices as experts by experience...but I sence this needs backing up with more resource to go anywhere.

Let's not over-estimate this. I still do not have the support I need to go to the GP, but if we all keep pushing...if we all keep pushing...

Thank you, folks, for feeding my understanding and a voice behind my own to keep echoing. Please keep on, keeping on.. moan at me, I will try to echo you...