Always being right

Hi , Do  autistic people think they are always right?

Parents
  • Yes... and no.

Whilst I believe many do, there have been numerous instances in my life when I've been convinced I am right about something, only to discover that I am way off the mark and completely wrong.

I try to be open to the idea that I might not always be right about things, and also try to be careful with how I phrase things when expressing my beliefs. For example, quite often I'll start out by saying, "I think...". Hopefully, this conveys that I am merely stating what I think based on the facts/evidence available to me at the time, and am therefore not assuming I am right.

One thing I do dislike is when I am proven right about something I perceive to be negative, especially if the 'thing' is something that has a detrimental effect on my health and well-being. That is when I often desperately wish I could have been proven wrong. 

• Yes... and no.

Whilst I believe many do, there have been numerous instances in my life when I've been convinced I am right about something, only to discover that I am way off the mark and completely wrong.

I try to be open to the idea that I might not always be right about things, and also try to be careful with how I phrase things when expressing my beliefs. For example, quite often I'll start out by saying, "I think...". Hopefully, this conveys that I am merely stating what I think based on the facts/evidence available to me at the time, and am therefore not assuming I am right.

One thing I do dislike is when I am proven right about something I perceive to be negative, especially if the 'thing' is something that has a detrimental effect on my health and well-being. That is when I often desperately wish I could have been proven wrong. 

Children
No Data