Always being right

Hi , Do  autistic people think they are always right?

Parents
  • What do you mean think? :p 

seriously though I don’t think it’s that we’re oblivious to the possibility that we are fallible. We are very aware that we are fallible. We just don’t find it particularly implausible that we could be right and everybody else could be wrong. If that sounds arrogant then consider that for me personally I would always be able to back up my opinions with arguments and facts.

other people often can’t they just say it’s their gut feeling or ‘if you had kids you would understand’ or ‘ when you are older you might think differently.’ I don’t know if every autistic person feels this way but I have a natural distrust of the opinions of others when they can’t back them up with solid deductive and inductive reasoning based upon good data. If you can’t point to something to justify your opinions and then point to something to justify that and point something to justify that until you get down to something that’s so basic that it couldn’t possibly be denied or something that you can factually demonstrate as an autistic person I am likely to discount your opinion. If your opinion doesn’t line up with my own internal reasoning that’s led me to form my own views.

The opinions of hundreds or thousands of people who contradict my opinion don’t amount to a lot of weight in my view unless they can back it up with something.

• What do you mean think? :p 

seriously though I don’t think it’s that we’re oblivious to the possibility that we are fallible. We are very aware that we are fallible. We just don’t find it particularly implausible that we could be right and everybody else could be wrong. If that sounds arrogant then consider that for me personally I would always be able to back up my opinions with arguments and facts.

other people often can’t they just say it’s their gut feeling or ‘if you had kids you would understand’ or ‘ when you are older you might think differently.’ I don’t know if every autistic person feels this way but I have a natural distrust of the opinions of others when they can’t back them up with solid deductive and inductive reasoning based upon good data. If you can’t point to something to justify your opinions and then point to something to justify that and point something to justify that until you get down to something that’s so basic that it couldn’t possibly be denied or something that you can factually demonstrate as an autistic person I am likely to discount your opinion. If your opinion doesn’t line up with my own internal reasoning that’s led me to form my own views.

The opinions of hundreds or thousands of people who contradict my opinion don’t amount to a lot of weight in my view unless they can back it up with something.

Children
No Data