Do you know when burnout is imminent?

This is the first year where I really feel I can recognise a few signs of burnout before being actually ‘in’ it. I know it’s not far off. At least I think so anyway. 

For me, I feel like I become a little less articulate, seemingly simple tasks become pretty much impossible (an instance at work basically confirmed this today), inertia really sets in (I owe thanks to everyone who helped me learn more about this in a recent post), I tend to lose a bit of social fluency (I think I miss points of etiquette more often than usual) and I become very clumsy.

All of this is happening right now. It’s interesting to sort of sit back and observe it a little before it properly happens this time around. 

Do you know your warning signs? Hopefully this isn’t a rude question. Genuinely curious.

Parents
  • i dunno. i think for me i just get increasingly angry at things and at injustice and unfairness that i experience, double standards. i get angry, my head gets swarmed thinking of it, which provokes my anger more and more i think about it, then it cascades i guess into more stuff maybe. i dunno. unless that just gets me into deeper trouble and arguments which then cause me distress ontop of it. i can get very angry to lashing out at objects and throwing stuff. it kinda makes me good loading a trailer though lol as the trailer gets me angry at how people expect so much with how much comes down the conveyor then i get angry at it and start going ham throwing all the stuff angrily violently and fast, makes me the best trailer loader... and yes thats how trailers are loaded lol 

• i dunno. i think for me i just get increasingly angry at things and at injustice and unfairness that i experience, double standards. i get angry, my head gets swarmed thinking of it, which provokes my anger more and more i think about it, then it cascades i guess into more stuff maybe. i dunno. unless that just gets me into deeper trouble and arguments which then cause me distress ontop of it. i can get very angry to lashing out at objects and throwing stuff. it kinda makes me good loading a trailer though lol as the trailer gets me angry at how people expect so much with how much comes down the conveyor then i get angry at it and start going ham throwing all the stuff angrily violently and fast, makes me the best trailer loader... and yes thats how trailers are loaded lol 

Children
No Data