Failure to diagnose - ombudsman response

I received a response today from my letter to the ombudsman, in relation to my brother now aged 60, and the failure by the CMHT to recognise, refer on and diagnose autism. This is despite many consultations over the past 30 years, and the fact that they failed to recognise his “symptoms” consistent with autism (and ADHD). The outcome is that they will not be investigating any further. I raised additional concerns about his treatment, none will be investigated further. I must say that I am disappointed. I wanted an independent body to agree with me that his “treatment” was unacceptable. I will now have to put this at the back of my mind for now. 

Parents
  • How is not poor clinical judgment, that despite repeatedly seeking help from the CMHT, asking what is "wrong" with me, then to be diagnosed as Autistic at aged 60 years following a private assessment? We have a right to make sense of our struggles, differences. I used the word disdaen in my letter, that is how he has been treated, like he is not worthy of an understanding. It is unbelievable. 

• How is not poor clinical judgment, that despite repeatedly seeking help from the CMHT, asking what is "wrong" with me, then to be diagnosed as Autistic at aged 60 years following a private assessment? We have a right to make sense of our struggles, differences. I used the word disdaen in my letter, that is how he has been treated, like he is not worthy of an understanding. It is unbelievable. 

Children
No Data