Tired at the end of the day?

Does anyone else fine they are just exhausted come the end of the day? I am sleeping well, and I am fine when I am working (I work from home most of the time, so it's not like there is lots of social interaction to burn me out - just occasional zoom meetings).  I don't have any problems with my energy, but once I have finished, walked my dog and had something to eat, I just have nothing left in the tank.  Literally all I want to do is go and sit in bed.

I used to indulge in my hobbies and special interests in the early evening, but they have all just gone by the wayside as I just have nothing left, nor much motivation to do anything as I am so tired. I just sit in bed with Apple TV on.

Does this resonate with anyone else?  I never used to have this problem, but I just seem to have no energy at all these days once work is done.  Exercise doesn't seem to help much either.

Parents Reply Children
  • Yeah burnout and is like that, but also dysthymia and depression can be too, it's like no matter how much you sleep you are still tired. But if you look at the avg onset for both dysthymia and major depressive disorder you'll see it say young adulthood and "20s" and that's not a mere coincidence it's brought on because modern adult life being a cog in the machine is crap and unhealthy, and the solution is less pills more fixing the underlying cause, learn to take really effective breaks, demand more pay and take more holidays if you can.  But if it persists talk to your GP.
    Also if it has come on suddenly in the last month and/or always rolls around this time of year you might have SAD where your body is having a tough time keeping it's summer circadian rythm when it detects less daylight and is trying to get you to "hibernate".