Hi,

So I haven’t been assessed, I just have this feeling that I am autistic. Everything I have read about autism makes sense for me. I have always felt different to other people. Like there has always been something ‘wrong’ with me or something wrong with my ‘brain’. I have been bullied, made fun of and I have never really understood myself, who i am as a person. My sister got assessed and got told she has ADHD and for some reason that made me think about me and if I have a special need/learning difficulty. 

i am just posting on here just to see if anyone else has felt the same way or if i am going completely crazy. How did you know you were autistic? Did it run in your family?

my anxiety has got really bad. It is affecting my eating habits and waiting 2 years is going to be super hard!

thank you so much in advance! 

Parents
  • Hello,

I echo the words of all the above posters.

I went private when I was 67, and it was the best thing I've ever done.  There is no official treatment and no cure, but knowledge brings understanding which, in turn, brings relief.  The more I read, the more I understand my past and my differences; so much starts to quite simply unravel itself. I've come to know more and more just who I am.

I am Ben.

• Hello,

I echo the words of all the above posters.

I went private when I was 67, and it was the best thing I've ever done.  There is no official treatment and no cure, but knowledge brings understanding which, in turn, brings relief.  The more I read, the more I understand my past and my differences; so much starts to quite simply unravel itself. I've come to know more and more just who I am.

I am Ben.

Children
No Data