Hi,

So I haven’t been assessed, I just have this feeling that I am autistic. Everything I have read about autism makes sense for me. I have always felt different to other people. Like there has always been something ‘wrong’ with me or something wrong with my ‘brain’. I have been bullied, made fun of and I have never really understood myself, who i am as a person. My sister got assessed and got told she has ADHD and for some reason that made me think about me and if I have a special need/learning difficulty. 

i am just posting on here just to see if anyone else has felt the same way or if i am going completely crazy. How did you know you were autistic? Did it run in your family?

my anxiety has got really bad. It is affecting my eating habits and waiting 2 years is going to be super hard!

thank you so much in advance! 

Parents
  • Welcome.

If you spend enough time in the forums, you will soon realise that you are definitely not crazy. There are plenty of members here who will be able to relate to what you have said... The feeling of being different and never quite fitting in, discovering that things you have read about autism seem to make perfect sense.

As your sister has ADHD, it's entirely possible that you are neurodivergent in some way too.  

• Welcome.

If you spend enough time in the forums, you will soon realise that you are definitely not crazy. There are plenty of members here who will be able to relate to what you have said... The feeling of being different and never quite fitting in, discovering that things you have read about autism seem to make perfect sense.

As your sister has ADHD, it's entirely possible that you are neurodivergent in some way too.  

Children
No Data