Hi,

So I haven’t been assessed, I just have this feeling that I am autistic. Everything I have read about autism makes sense for me. I have always felt different to other people. Like there has always been something ‘wrong’ with me or something wrong with my ‘brain’. I have been bullied, made fun of and I have never really understood myself, who i am as a person. My sister got assessed and got told she has ADHD and for some reason that made me think about me and if I have a special need/learning difficulty. 

i am just posting on here just to see if anyone else has felt the same way or if i am going completely crazy. How did you know you were autistic? Did it run in your family?

my anxiety has got really bad. It is affecting my eating habits and waiting 2 years is going to be super hard!

thank you so much in advance! 

Parents
  • "I have always felt different to other people. Like there has always been something ‘wrong’ with me or something wrong with my ‘brain’. I have been bullied, made fun of and I have never really understood myself, who i am as a person"

Well, if I'm going off that alone, that was exactly how I felt before I got diagnosed. Getting my diagnosis made everything make sense. I wasn't broken, I wasn't a social failure, there was nothing wrong with me. I was different to other people and needed adjustments at uni and work. 

Life continues to get better for me since diagnosis. The only way you'll know if you're autistic is if you go for diagnosis. It's massively improved my mental health, and well, pretty much every part of my life. Yes, it was life changing in the best way possible.

• "I have always felt different to other people. Like there has always been something ‘wrong’ with me or something wrong with my ‘brain’. I have been bullied, made fun of and I have never really understood myself, who i am as a person"

Well, if I'm going off that alone, that was exactly how I felt before I got diagnosed. Getting my diagnosis made everything make sense. I wasn't broken, I wasn't a social failure, there was nothing wrong with me. I was different to other people and needed adjustments at uni and work. 

Life continues to get better for me since diagnosis. The only way you'll know if you're autistic is if you go for diagnosis. It's massively improved my mental health, and well, pretty much every part of my life. Yes, it was life changing in the best way possible.

Children
No Data