Private Assesment - what to expect?

So I have filled in 19 different forms online, my husband and mum have also filled out forms and this week I have my 2 hour video call and to say am nervous is an understatement - am going over and over the reasons I am going for the assesemnt - am questioning my whole life - I can barely sleep - I hope when we get past the 2 hour appt I will be able to settle.

What are they gonna ask me - do they usually give you an idea of what they think on the day? I realise all places will be different

Parents
  • I had a two hour interview, an IQ test that lasted around two hours and the ADOS test, which is very strange but I think aimed at assessing communication style and social imagination. They also interviewed two people who know me (I wasn’t present for that) and I filled in loads of questionnaires.

They said there was strong evidence of autism after the initial interview but the whole process from that first session to getting my result took just over a month.

• I had a two hour interview, an IQ test that lasted around two hours and the ADOS test, which is very strange but I think aimed at assessing communication style and social imagination. They also interviewed two people who know me (I wasn’t present for that) and I filled in loads of questionnaires.

They said there was strong evidence of autism after the initial interview but the whole process from that first session to getting my result took just over a month.

Children
No Data