How to get through a job interview

I've been to so many over the last couple of years and I still don't have a job.

I either pass out of stutter so much and I think it puts them off.

Any tips are welcome as I'm useless and can't do it myself.

• I found that when coaching people with a stutter for interviews that repeated role playing the interview was most effective.

The repeated exposure to the questions, regularly injecting unexpected questions to keep them on the ball and having to reply without a script and basically getting so used to it that they no longer felt intimidated by the process - this was how to remove a significant amount of stress from the situaiton.

Once you have scripted responses it becomes easier to recall them when under stress in the interview itself.

Learning ways of de-escalating the stress in the run up to the interview also helped. Some found a mild sedative helped while others used meditation to lower the nerves in the run up to the event.

The meditation (if you can master it) is also a great way of lowering stress in every day life too so is well worth considering.

Are there any points in the interview you find particularly difficult? We can try to help you with these through the chat here if you like.

As an aside, what field do you work in (or want to work in) - there are peculiarities in most of these so it will help shape our advice.