Autistic “influencers”

When it was first suggested to me that I might be autistic I began watching various autistic influencers on YouTube and read books by similar people.

But one glaring thing stuck out for me, and I’ve just come across another example. Specifically, these influencers without exception seem to be married, be in a relationship, have children.

And yet for me the single most life-ruining aspect of my condition is my utter inability to form relationships. It’s like everyone else has telepathy and I don’t. I thought this was one of the defining characteristics of autism.

So are these high profile authors and videographers representative of autistic people or am I the sad exception?

Parents
  • No iam the same, but I have some friends they feel like they're long distance because they don't message unless I message them, but they're good friends even though that is a problem. I am crap at love relationships,  and am unable to speak to a person/woman I like over time becomes people building up heartache and it eats away at you for not trying.

• No iam the same, but I have some friends they feel like they're long distance because they don't message unless I message them, but they're good friends even though that is a problem. I am crap at love relationships,  and am unable to speak to a person/woman I like over time becomes people building up heartache and it eats away at you for not trying.

Children