GP appointments

How easy do people find it to book appointments?

We have a new system where you contact first via an online form.  That was very helpful as I had time to think what I needed to say and spoke to a very understanding GP. I had to book a follow up in two weeks, so I prepared myself for the call this time. I wrote down what I needed to say waited to get through only to be told no appointments as I have to ring on a Wednesday when the appointments are released so now I have to wait another 5 days.

Parents
  • I use the NHS App, I can book appointments without speaking to anyone, the available dates and times are listed, also if you wish to see your own gp or not. I can send my gp or the surgery a question and they normally answer quite quickly. Prescriptions can be re-ordered and I don’t have to explain myself to the Rottweiler in reception.

• I use the NHS App, I can book appointments without speaking to anyone, the available dates and times are listed, also if you wish to see your own gp or not. I can send my gp or the surgery a question and they normally answer quite quickly. Prescriptions can be re-ordered and I don’t have to explain myself to the Rottweiler in reception.

Children
  • I agree that the messaging service is helpful. Unfortunately when you go into the bit about booking appointments online it says 'Your surgery doesn't use this'. It would make so much sense, rather than people calling to be told there are no appointments. It is not only autistic friendly, but helpful to those who are working and frees the phone lines for others. I am hopeful that one day they will use it.