GP appointments

How easy do people find it to book appointments?

We have a new system where you contact first via an online form.  That was very helpful as I had time to think what I needed to say and spoke to a very understanding GP. I had to book a follow up in two weeks, so I prepared myself for the call this time. I wrote down what I needed to say waited to get through only to be told no appointments as I have to ring on a Wednesday when the appointments are released so now I have to wait another 5 days.

Parents
  • Hi Homebird. During the first Covid period my GP surgery had an online service where you said your symptoms and there was no in-between, you did that and the GP arranged to call you back. But now it's gone and you have to use the phone and speak to *shudder* receptionist, which I hate for 2 reasons - the fact i have to talk on the phone and also because they ask a lot of questions and my brain freezes and i don't know what to say.

Seeing a GP is hard work. None seem to understand autism so it's doubly difficult as I'm always filled with medical anxiety and a huge lack of understanding and support.

• I know what you mean by the brain freeze. It is even harder if you get to the appointment and they don't understand.

Reply Children
No Data