Favourite School Subject.

For me it has always been History, it’s just always, ‘ lit my fuse’, I get absorbed into it. Any era or event is just interesting. I had some good teachers at school who made a difference. My maths teacher, was brilliant, but history has always won. What became your lifetime subject and that one teacher who made a difference.

Parents
  • I'm interested in history but the way it's treated in school is terrible. 10,000 years of human civilisation and they chose the bloody agricultural revolution to teach us. And I have a lot of trouble concentrating so long essay subjects like that were a recipe for Ds and Es.

The only subjects I really enjoyed were sciences and languages. French and German were things I was actually good at. 

• I liked Economic History, Turnip Townsend, and the real life of the people, not just the kings and nobles. Then the Industrial Revolution, the steam engine, trains, iron bridges, the cotton industry ... Fascinating. Each to his own!

• I liked Economic History, Turnip Townsend, and the real life of the people, not just the kings and nobles. Then the Industrial Revolution, the steam engine, trains, iron bridges, the cotton industry ... Fascinating. Each to his own!

Children
No Data