Endings

Hi Everyone,

I am AuDHD and i've just been chatting with a ND friend and we both discovered we have separately realised we have real trouble with endings. 

I will regularly be invested in a show or film or book but towards the end/last episode I drift or decide on something new. 

Is this a lack of attention thing, or is it something deeper. Are we trying to stop things ending somehow? And if so what does that mean? 

Curious for thoughts :)

Parents
  • This makes me think of when I watched all of breaking bad, except for the last two episodes. That was years ago now and I’ve never gone back to them ever. I felt like I was totally engulfed in the world of it, and didn’t want it to end, so by not finishing it, it didn’t end. It’s weird though that I’ve never really questioned how it did end or look into or anything. I guess I like to just feel in my head that it’s ongoing. 
    I’ve done this quite a few times with various things… never once thought it was an autistic thing until this thread! 

• This makes me think of when I watched all of breaking bad, except for the last two episodes. That was years ago now and I’ve never gone back to them ever. I felt like I was totally engulfed in the world of it, and didn’t want it to end, so by not finishing it, it didn’t end. It’s weird though that I’ve never really questioned how it did end or look into or anything. I guess I like to just feel in my head that it’s ongoing. 
    I’ve done this quite a few times with various things… never once thought it was an autistic thing until this thread! 

Children