Endings

Hi Everyone,

I am AuDHD and i've just been chatting with a ND friend and we both discovered we have separately realised we have real trouble with endings. 

I will regularly be invested in a show or film or book but towards the end/last episode I drift or decide on something new. 

Is this a lack of attention thing, or is it something deeper. Are we trying to stop things ending somehow? And if so what does that mean? 

Curious for thoughts :)

Parents
  • I think for me it's just that they're generally the weakest and most formulaic part so I have less interest. I care about the reveal and development of the world and story and characters but not so much about them neatly tying up all the loose ends. And especially in a TV show, 99% of the time you're at least a couple of seasons past the peak and just playing out the string.

In Stephen King's Dark Tower series there's a bit before the ending where he talks about how he's not a fan of endings and only wrote one (rather than leaving it all to reader interpretation) because people would be upset. So he kinda encourages you not to bother turning the page and seeing the end if you're okay without closure. ...I had to though. 

• I think for me it's just that they're generally the weakest and most formulaic part so I have less interest. I care about the reveal and development of the world and story and characters but not so much about them neatly tying up all the loose ends. And especially in a TV show, 99% of the time you're at least a couple of seasons past the peak and just playing out the string.

In Stephen King's Dark Tower series there's a bit before the ending where he talks about how he's not a fan of endings and only wrote one (rather than leaving it all to reader interpretation) because people would be upset. So he kinda encourages you not to bother turning the page and seeing the end if you're okay without closure. ...I had to though. 

Children
No Data