Hello all

Good morning all. I have suspected for a while that something was not right, but like most men I kept putting it off. I do suspect that I am Autistic and am now finally getting the ball rolling with the Dr to finally and hopefully get a diagnosis.

My last relationship fell apart, with a woman I loved very much and was planning to marry, as I couldn't deal with and process negative emotions. I really broke her heart. I have known for a while that I find it really hard to concentrate on things, even writing this! I find it extremely difficult to read people. Positive emotions such as happiness and love are not a problem. A lot of the symptoms of ASD are there. If I had done something about this before, maybe the relationship with my ex would have worked and we would be together still and I wouldn't now be carrying the pain and guilt of the breakup. 

That door is closed now sadly. Only way is forward. Hopefully I can get a diagnosis soon, or if it isn't ASD I could understand what is wrong and deal with it. 

Just thought I would say hi.