covid booster?

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

I've tried to get to the bottom of it, looking all over including gov, but no definitive answers.

It seems like gov is hoping to kill some of us off again (like during the full pandemic), as it appears that the booster is only for over 65s, immunosuppressed, and frontline staff?

Any other health problems, like asthma etc, we appear not to be getting it?

I hear that US is offering it to all citizens, yet UK is hardly giving it to anyone and you can't get it privately either??? WTF? I'm sure they want to cull the herd again....??

Parents
  • I’ve just been invited in the last couple of days and am getting it next week probably because I’m bipolar as well as autistic.

• How did you get on after the other covid jabs and boosters? I was particularly horribly ill after the first one, felt like every nerve in my body was on fire and aliens were trying to burst out of my muscles and was freezing cold in a way that nothing made the slightest difference, never known anything quite like it, I was a hair's breadth from getting the doctor out!

• How did you get on after the other covid jabs and boosters? I was particularly horribly ill after the first one, felt like every nerve in my body was on fire and aliens were trying to burst out of my muscles and was freezing cold in a way that nothing made the slightest difference, never known anything quite like it, I was a hair's breadth from getting the doctor out!

Children
  • Me neither, I just recently had the 'punched in the arm' for a whole week after the flu jab, and also felt systemically like cr*p, but I'd rather have it than not!

Relations told me they just had a sore arm in the main and sometimes headaches/fatigue off the Pfizer one. But I guess it depends on loads of different factors like age and if you're in decent nick to begin with!

• I had Pfizer every time and despite always being ready for the worst (I don't deal well with physical sensations in the body) I just had pain in that arm for a day or so. Like the level of pain when you've been punched in the shoulder, not a high level. 

• Er, to be honest I can't remember. a mix, I think the last one was Moderna, if I recall, not sure we had Pfizer ones. From what relations tell me the Pfizer might have been better but you don't get to pick. With the second vaccination I had the same experience (aliens) but not quite as bad and for not as long. My partner had so little effect (not even a sore arm) that we started to wonder if he really had had any vaccine! But then, I think it was the last booster, I was ok, but it absolutely floored him, he was lying there groaning all night feeling at death's door. It's weird how the different ones can vary so much.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this next one - but hey ho!

• I’ve been fine - maybe a slightly sore arm for a day or two but that’s about it. Which one(s) have you had? I think I’ve had the Pfizer one throughout.