covid booster?

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

I've tried to get to the bottom of it, looking all over including gov, but no definitive answers.

It seems like gov is hoping to kill some of us off again (like during the full pandemic), as it appears that the booster is only for over 65s, immunosuppressed, and frontline staff?

Any other health problems, like asthma etc, we appear not to be getting it?

I hear that US is offering it to all citizens, yet UK is hardly giving it to anyone and you can't get it privately either??? WTF? I'm sure they want to cull the herd again....??

Parents
  • I am in my early 50's and IIRC, was offered the latest COVID booster in the past month or so.

However, I have declined the offer as my health went seriously downhill 1 week after the first jab.
    Whilst I did have the 2nd and 3rd jabs, I cannot afford to risk my other health issues being affected further.

The issues that I have had for the past 2-3 years since the 1st jab include

• Chronic Fatigue
    • Tinnitus
    • Double Vision

These have had a massive impact on my life and I believe that the effects (especially the fatigue) have exposed my autism. Previously I must have been masking pretty well - I wasn't even aware of or considered that I might have autism, but now I just don't have the energy to do so.

• I am in my early 50's and IIRC, was offered the latest COVID booster in the past month or so.

However, I have declined the offer as my health went seriously downhill 1 week after the first jab.
    Whilst I did have the 2nd and 3rd jabs, I cannot afford to risk my other health issues being affected further.

The issues that I have had for the past 2-3 years since the 1st jab include

• Chronic Fatigue
    • Tinnitus
    • Double Vision

These have had a massive impact on my life and I believe that the effects (especially the fatigue) have exposed my autism. Previously I must have been masking pretty well - I wasn't even aware of or considered that I might have autism, but now I just don't have the energy to do so.

Children
  • That's interesting. I declined the jab and still haven't had one. The initial sars-cov-2 infection for me included fatigue, obviously, but this lasted quite a good month till I had all my energy back again and had an element of vision problems for a day or so and other really weird neurological problems at the time (like REALLY weird for a couple of days). I had about a year and a bit of low level peripheral neuropathy too and I can still smell a new kind of smell I've never been able to smell in my life before. Initial infection was in the whole "Delta" period. Second infection some six months later didn't even involve a day off work (working from home, obvs).

• Sorry to hear that, I had flu jab couple of weeks ago and since can't clear my throat day and night, driving me nuts, same thing happened last year and it went on for months, can't risk flu though as it could finish me off. I hear you though, sounds like it has done you some kind of damage, and I know how debilitating these things are.