Noise?

The kids playing out around here can't do so without making the most hideous din, it's one long continuous stream of shouting, screeching (literally) and grunting like gorillas. I'm not talking toddlers either, anything up to like fourteen or more??

Yesterday I hear another noise added to it, turns out one of these kids has acquired a WHISTLE! (god help us) It was constant for hours last night and again this morning. My head is mashed. It's been like getting tasered in the head. Defo need to get my headphones on.

When I was a kid, that kind of racket was totally off-limits, you'd have got a hiding. I was pretty much silent anyway, I don't understand why kids now seem to have no restraint whatsoever...

Parents
  • Hope you find a way to deal with the noise!

I don't think kids now are any better or worse than they were when I grew up in the 70s and 80s.  Ever were there the noisy, boisterous kids, but being a shy, retiring type, labelled a swot, geek, nerd, I kept away from them as I suspect did many of us.   As for them having a whistle, that sounds old school! There was always a whistle in one of the Christmas crackers when I was growing up.  I guess complaining about the noise makes a change from people complaining about them being glued to their phones which is the standard older generation gripe these days.

Someone else mentioned more ADHD which is surely to do with greater awareness. Ever were there the kids described as hyperactive or 'naughty', my memory from the time is that a lot then was blamed on E numbers in food and lead in petrol, or too much television.   Had there been more awareness of autism I probably would've been diagnosed before I hit my teens rather than in my early 50s.  

So, yep, it's a pain and we need to find ways to cope and co-exist but ever was it thus in my view.

• Hope you find a way to deal with the noise!

I don't think kids now are any better or worse than they were when I grew up in the 70s and 80s.  Ever were there the noisy, boisterous kids, but being a shy, retiring type, labelled a swot, geek, nerd, I kept away from them as I suspect did many of us.   As for them having a whistle, that sounds old school! There was always a whistle in one of the Christmas crackers when I was growing up.  I guess complaining about the noise makes a change from people complaining about them being glued to their phones which is the standard older generation gripe these days.

Someone else mentioned more ADHD which is surely to do with greater awareness. Ever were there the kids described as hyperactive or 'naughty', my memory from the time is that a lot then was blamed on E numbers in food and lead in petrol, or too much television.   Had there been more awareness of autism I probably would've been diagnosed before I hit my teens rather than in my early 50s.  

So, yep, it's a pain and we need to find ways to cope and co-exist but ever was it thus in my view.

Children
No Data