Noise?

The kids playing out around here can't do so without making the most hideous din, it's one long continuous stream of shouting, screeching (literally) and grunting like gorillas. I'm not talking toddlers either, anything up to like fourteen or more??

Yesterday I hear another noise added to it, turns out one of these kids has acquired a WHISTLE! (god help us) It was constant for hours last night and again this morning. My head is mashed. It's been like getting tasered in the head. Defo need to get my headphones on.

When I was a kid, that kind of racket was totally off-limits, you'd have got a hiding. I was pretty much silent anyway, I don't understand why kids now seem to have no restraint whatsoever...

Parents
  • I think that at age 53 myself, having grown up in a rural area opposite a primary school in Ireland, being 30 years in supermarket retailing and living 21 years on a Manchester Council Estate, it’s a generational and cultural thing - children these days have far less respect than they used to in my day and parents have simply given up trying to discipline their children for fear of prosecution for attempting to do so - barking dogs is the biggest problem here and the council take the view that it’s the person who is making the complaint whose own perceptions of noise is wrong when one goes down the formal route of making a complaint about this form of ASB where they also maintain that people have no right to make any complaints about noise, because they just can’t be bothered to properly investigate the problem as an important part of crime prevention and more serious issues arising, of which noise and other forms of ASB are a warning sign - I simply gave up trying to do anything about it and now wear noise cancelling headphones all the time 

• I think that at age 53 myself, having grown up in a rural area opposite a primary school in Ireland, being 30 years in supermarket retailing and living 21 years on a Manchester Council Estate, it’s a generational and cultural thing - children these days have far less respect than they used to in my day and parents have simply given up trying to discipline their children for fear of prosecution for attempting to do so - barking dogs is the biggest problem here and the council take the view that it’s the person who is making the complaint whose own perceptions of noise is wrong when one goes down the formal route of making a complaint about this form of ASB where they also maintain that people have no right to make any complaints about noise, because they just can’t be bothered to properly investigate the problem as an important part of crime prevention and more serious issues arising, of which noise and other forms of ASB are a warning sign - I simply gave up trying to do anything about it and now wear noise cancelling headphones all the time 

Children
No Data