Noise?

The kids playing out around here can't do so without making the most hideous din, it's one long continuous stream of shouting, screeching (literally) and grunting like gorillas. I'm not talking toddlers either, anything up to like fourteen or more??

Yesterday I hear another noise added to it, turns out one of these kids has acquired a WHISTLE! (god help us) It was constant for hours last night and again this morning. My head is mashed. It's been like getting tasered in the head. Defo need to get my headphones on.

When I was a kid, that kind of racket was totally off-limits, you'd have got a hiding. I was pretty much silent anyway, I don't understand why kids now seem to have no restraint whatsoever...

Parents
  • Where I live is really quiet and always loved it for that reason, however in the last few weeks a neighbour has concreted their front garden and they now sit out there all the time and then have a young child. It’s just general noise of chatting, laughing and the child playing, nothing offensive but I’ve found it really unsettling. I don’t know if it’s just the change in noise level that I need to get used to or just that I really struggle with background noise. I really don’t want to be wearing earplugs in my own home! 

I can’t imagine how much children screaming and whistles blowing would aggravate me! No wonder your head is mashed! 

• Unfortunately unless you live on a hill in the middle of nowhere, there's always gonna be a fair amount of noise, living amongst other people packed in like sardines is hard work! Wearing headphones inside your house seems pretty much inevitable really unless you can somehow switch off or screen it out. My partner can screen things out, and sleep through a hurricane! But I can't screen anything out, I hear a pin drop half a mile away!!!

I was thinking what sounds are okay if any, we have a cockerel crowing nearby, that's ok and kind of reassuring, same house also have a big crowd of ducks quacking, that's reassuring too, I worry if I don't hear them now!  But the noise of human beings and their activities is just painful somehow!

• Unfortunately unless you live on a hill in the middle of nowhere, there's always gonna be a fair amount of noise, living amongst other people packed in like sardines is hard work! Wearing headphones inside your house seems pretty much inevitable really unless you can somehow switch off or screen it out. My partner can screen things out, and sleep through a hurricane! But I can't screen anything out, I hear a pin drop half a mile away!!!

I was thinking what sounds are okay if any, we have a cockerel crowing nearby, that's ok and kind of reassuring, same house also have a big crowd of ducks quacking, that's reassuring too, I worry if I don't hear them now!  But the noise of human beings and their activities is just painful somehow!

Children
No Data