Noise?

The kids playing out around here can't do so without making the most hideous din, it's one long continuous stream of shouting, screeching (literally) and grunting like gorillas. I'm not talking toddlers either, anything up to like fourteen or more??

Yesterday I hear another noise added to it, turns out one of these kids has acquired a WHISTLE! (god help us) It was constant for hours last night and again this morning. My head is mashed. It's been like getting tasered in the head. Defo need to get my headphones on.

When I was a kid, that kind of racket was totally off-limits, you'd have got a hiding. I was pretty much silent anyway, I don't understand why kids now seem to have no restraint whatsoever...

Parents
  • This is one of my bugbears too and it seems to be getting worse. When out and about I try and avoid places where kids gather but at home it's hard when they're right outside. I'm pretty sure people didn't have to tolerate that sort of noise years ago.

I hate it when they're racing around on their bikes or scooters and they set off all the local dogs yapping Anguished

I also don't get how the parents allow them to play out so late these days. Sometimes they are still out there screaming and shouting after 10pm during the summer months. At their age (primary school) my mum made sure I was in bed much earlier than that. When I did play out I was quiet.

I find girls can sometimes be the worst for generating noise, especially when they get really excited and start shrieking. It's not just the volume, but the pitch. Agh!

I can't tolerate that either. There's one girl within a group of kids near me that has an unbearable high pitched 'squeal' of excitement Scream None of my ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones seem to work to block that particular noise out!

• This is one of my bugbears too and it seems to be getting worse. When out and about I try and avoid places where kids gather but at home it's hard when they're right outside. I'm pretty sure people didn't have to tolerate that sort of noise years ago.

I hate it when they're racing around on their bikes or scooters and they set off all the local dogs yapping Anguished

I also don't get how the parents allow them to play out so late these days. Sometimes they are still out there screaming and shouting after 10pm during the summer months. At their age (primary school) my mum made sure I was in bed much earlier than that. When I did play out I was quiet.

I find girls can sometimes be the worst for generating noise, especially when they get really excited and start shrieking. It's not just the volume, but the pitch. Agh!

I can't tolerate that either. There's one girl within a group of kids near me that has an unbearable high pitched 'squeal' of excitement Scream None of my ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones seem to work to block that particular noise out!

Children
No Data