Online assessment

Hello All, I have felt different for ever  I recently saw a physio who suggested autism, I was there for my knee because I keep walking into things. I came home and looked online for any lnk I could find showing autistic traits in women, I am 51 I found a few but I was wondering if there is one that anyone could recommend as I want to get as much evidence together before I see my gp.

Thanks

Parents
  • The simplest way is to take an online test - some are free and this should give you a decent indication as to whether it is worth looking further into the matter.

I would start with:

https://www.thevividmind.org/blog/test/autism-test-online/

If this suggests autism then have a read at the following book and make notes on what traits you identify in yourself:

Understanding Autism For Dummies - Stephen Shore, Linda G. Rastelli, Temple Grandin (2006)
    ISBN 0764525476

Armed with this list, make a GP appointment and ask for a referral to be tested for autism. Expect a wait list of several years, but go back a week later and ask about the "right to choose" to go to a private assessment which they pay for.

Note that this is not available in Scotland.

• The simplest way is to take an online test - some are free and this should give you a decent indication as to whether it is worth looking further into the matter.

I would start with:

https://www.thevividmind.org/blog/test/autism-test-online/

If this suggests autism then have a read at the following book and make notes on what traits you identify in yourself:

Understanding Autism For Dummies - Stephen Shore, Linda G. Rastelli, Temple Grandin (2006)
    ISBN 0764525476

Armed with this list, make a GP appointment and ask for a referral to be tested for autism. Expect a wait list of several years, but go back a week later and ask about the "right to choose" to go to a private assessment which they pay for.

Note that this is not available in Scotland.

Children
No Data