Is it me or is this website not entirely autistic friendly?

I am trying to use this site and finding it very tricky (it doesn't feel autistic friendly).... for example searching for Adult Assessments - i put my postcode in (Birmingham) and set it to 20miles and i get Sheffield and Cornwall as the top two finds - why is that?

Then for the Adult assessment providers why isn't there a trust pilot style rating by people who have used it - it makes it independent from NAS but useful to us...

The assessment process seems all geared to children rather than adults. I fear failing a questionnaire just because I have learnt coping strategies over the years.

The whole thing seems a minefield and the place i came for help has actually made it more confusing. Especially when you see the prices - its not a small amount.

Does anyone know if this website has been user acceptance tested with people with autism?

Anyway aside from that - anyone know of a good adult assessment provider in the Midlands? or would recommend one?

(by the way - I am OK if its me and my quirks - but it doesnt feel though it is)

Parents
  • It sounds like you’re in the same place as me. I know what you mean about being geared to children but it’s a life long condition and in my opinion gets worse (if it is my ‘problem’) likewise I have unknowingly developed strategies and have found IT a saviour over the years, emails instead of phone, organising using spreadsheets etc. which negate some of the answers.  Also with age you can arrange your life to have less contact with people  

With web pages I need things simple and clear, I feel a bit baffled by this site, I don’t understand some of the answers you have to this post, am I even replying to it? I went to the ‘introduce yourself’ area and there seemed to be posts of all types - the sort of thing that makes me feel like blowing a fuse (along with your infuriating postcode search) and like an unwelcome outsider!

PS I Like the way you put space around your paragraphs! 

• It sounds like you’re in the same place as me. I know what you mean about being geared to children but it’s a life long condition and in my opinion gets worse (if it is my ‘problem’) likewise I have unknowingly developed strategies and have found IT a saviour over the years, emails instead of phone, organising using spreadsheets etc. which negate some of the answers.  Also with age you can arrange your life to have less contact with people  

With web pages I need things simple and clear, I feel a bit baffled by this site, I don’t understand some of the answers you have to this post, am I even replying to it? I went to the ‘introduce yourself’ area and there seemed to be posts of all types - the sort of thing that makes me feel like blowing a fuse (along with your infuriating postcode search) and like an unwelcome outsider!

PS I Like the way you put space around your paragraphs! 

Children
No Data