Is it me or is this website not entirely autistic friendly?

I am trying to use this site and finding it very tricky (it doesn't feel autistic friendly).... for example searching for Adult Assessments - i put my postcode in (Birmingham) and set it to 20miles and i get Sheffield and Cornwall as the top two finds - why is that?

Then for the Adult assessment providers why isn't there a trust pilot style rating by people who have used it - it makes it independent from NAS but useful to us...

The assessment process seems all geared to children rather than adults. I fear failing a questionnaire just because I have learnt coping strategies over the years.

The whole thing seems a minefield and the place i came for help has actually made it more confusing. Especially when you see the prices - its not a small amount.

Does anyone know if this website has been user acceptance tested with people with autism?

Anyway aside from that - anyone know of a good adult assessment provider in the Midlands? or would recommend one?

(by the way - I am OK if its me and my quirks - but it doesnt feel though it is)

Parents Reply Children
  • I looked for my own listing using different keywords, and the results were, if not random, rather strange. I used "social work" as the keyword, but most of the results were not for social workers but an assortment of independent providers and statutory agencies. Very frustrating!