Rules and telling lies

I'm having a real issue at controlling my feelings and I need help. I know someone who lies to get what they want and it really makes me angry. It's not fair, not right and shouldn't happen. It's all I can think about. I'm angry and going over it all the time in my head. I always stick to the rules I would never lie to get what I want. Any advice on how I can stop the feelings I have? 

Parents
  • Hi, actually it might not be the best idea to try and stop those feelings. I bottled up feelings for years and anger is still something I barely ever feel- which is not good. I end up blaming myself for everything. It's more than appropriate to be angry about people that behave in the way you describe. As long as you are not consumed by anger, I think it's healthy to feel the way you do. Shutting out those feelings is really just a temporary fix which will lead to more issues. This is just my take on it- I wish I could be more angry at people that deserve it.

• Hi, actually it might not be the best idea to try and stop those feelings. I bottled up feelings for years and anger is still something I barely ever feel- which is not good. I end up blaming myself for everything. It's more than appropriate to be angry about people that behave in the way you describe. As long as you are not consumed by anger, I think it's healthy to feel the way you do. Shutting out those feelings is really just a temporary fix which will lead to more issues. This is just my take on it- I wish I could be more angry at people that deserve it.

Children
No Data