Late Diagnosed

Hi everyone!

My name's Sophie and I was diagnosed just days before my 21st birthday. If you're also late diagnosed, can you give me any tips or advice on where to go from here? 

My friends and family are pretty supportive, I think my main difficulty is just understanding how to identify and meet my own needs.

Are there any steps to take to discover it or are there any ways to research and understand more?

I'd love to connect with people who are like me as only my partner is neurodivergent.

Maybe we have something in common e.g musicals, dinosaurs, age, gardening etc?

Parents
  • Everyone is different. My advice would be to read a bunch of books on the topic and maybe look at female-autism-focused books too as although there can be overlaps with male-autism, it can also be very different for each gender, I was not diagnosed til my mid-forties, it can be hard to wrap your head around exactly what is going on at first, it can help to read as much as you can wherever you can. It can take years really to come to terms with things, you never really stop learning.

• Everyone is different. My advice would be to read a bunch of books on the topic and maybe look at female-autism-focused books too as although there can be overlaps with male-autism, it can also be very different for each gender, I was not diagnosed til my mid-forties, it can be hard to wrap your head around exactly what is going on at first, it can help to read as much as you can wherever you can. It can take years really to come to terms with things, you never really stop learning.

Children
No Data