waiting list time, can you speed it up?

In my area the waiting time for an assessment is about 5 years. I'm halfway through but also so burnt out and struggling to keep working, cannot afford to lose my job but I'm not formally diagnosed so I can't find any other help in my area. 

Other than ending up on the psych ward, which I have been trying so hard to avoid for the last 20 years, is there any way of speeding up the wait time for an assessment? I hate that I'm even asking this question, everyone else on the list is important too but I'm really struggling with life at the moment and I need an accurate diagnosis. My GP surgery aren't taking me seriously and tell me to keep taking my depression & anxiety meds and go for a walk, try mindfulness etc. I do not know what to do.

Parents
  • There's private but that will obviously cost. I was waiting a long time and called up a few times and I think that got me seen a bit sooner because they realised how much it was stressing me out.

You might be able to see if your GP can get things moving for you as well. If that's something they are willing to do for you.

If you can get in I do recommended the Lorna Wing Centre, that's where mine happened. It was a very long wait but was worth the wait. I found them reassuring and supportive, nothing was ever too much trouble.

• There's private but that will obviously cost. I was waiting a long time and called up a few times and I think that got me seen a bit sooner because they realised how much it was stressing me out.

You might be able to see if your GP can get things moving for you as well. If that's something they are willing to do for you.

If you can get in I do recommended the Lorna Wing Centre, that's where mine happened. It was a very long wait but was worth the wait. I found them reassuring and supportive, nothing was ever too much trouble.

Children
No Data